A breadcrumb trail of project notes
The current plan to control the flow of water from the nozzles is to have spinning disks which interrupt the flow. Last week I cut some 5″ disks with 1/4″ mounting holes from acrylic using the laser cutter at NYU. I bought some Airpax LB82773-M1 5V 0.8A bipolar stepper motors from Jameco and some SN754410NE dual h-bridge drivers from Sparkfun. I got 7.5 degree step motors which should give a chunky step pattern.
Here are the test patterns. The final disks may be in acrylic or aluminum. I will probably bend the vanes to direct the flow of water down. I still need to design the housing for the motors. Either custom built acrylic or adapted from an existing water-tight box.